Friday, October 15

fridays are tie days -llbean signature

LLBean (core) does not currently offer ties, nor have they for a few seasons. LLBean Signature has picked up the baton for the well dressed gent though. Made in the USA of 100% silk milled in Britain.

Signature has others but I was interested in the sportsman motif ties -want to state that I have these in hand from LLBean PR to review only, these are not a gift. The motifs/icons are very reminiscent of a 1986 LLBean release as below, which was in turn a look at their own archives. Circles within circles...

The motifs are an embroidered pattern, not printed as the Signature site says; good. Ties are 3" wide, lined in black silk. Makes a solid, full-headed knot with a 4-in-hand. $75. Sidenote, gained a new level of respect for stylists and product photographers after having tried to take decent photos here...


The trout tie is described as deep woods green, I would say olive -would have preferred deep green. The maroon/port colored tie is lush. For me the good old navy w/ ducks is the winner, but that's just me.

Off topic; this Bar Harbor chowder is our goto for storebought. Pair it with a copy of McCloskey's One Morning in Maine (where the kids end the book making chowder with the clams they dug) as an interactive activity/gift for your friends from away. Also instant mashed potatoes are a guilty pleasure...

LLBean_PR sent some other catalog pages (from 1932, 1949, 1978) referencing ties LLBean has done. So good. Will take those woolen ties any day.



2 comments:

Charlotte K said...

I really miss those old Bean's catalogs (the real ones). It just isn't the same.

Anonymous said...

One Morning in Maine is my all time favorite childre's book! Nobody ever knows what I am talking about when I mention that book. First time I have read your blog. Am officially hooked.