Wednesday, August 25

bachelor dinner

Ok, not bachelor; more "hall pass" dinner -some know what I mean. Steak is marinating for tomorrow so this is tonight. Chicken thighs = $3. The s&p all over the side of the plate is a nod to a Vineyard Haven dinner we had forever ago. The Chez Henri people bought the place later and didn't toy with it too much. That's a dry town so we brought our own Veuve.

Anyhow, it probably doesn't happen often but would be interested to hear others' hall-pass dinners. Mac'n'Cheese or WholeHog? What do you do?

7 comments:

james at 10engines said...

borked the comments. thx trip and glengarry though...

Exile Bibliophile said...

Looks good! Mine is usually bacon (lots) sausage and ham, heat together in pan. Add mushrooms, peppers, onions, maybe a little garlic. Whatever other vegetables would be good grated and tossed in too I have laying around. Nothing is safe. Fry a few eggs over medium. Serve it all on a platter portion of crispy hash browns with a heap of melted cheese on top.

james at 10engines said...

@EB. hash browns. good call.

james at 10engines said...

this came in via twitters.

JereemySmith; Hall pass dinner is either hi or lo-brow for me, pizza or steak frites.

TRAWETS NILTGEOV said...

Lambs kidneys or venison liver & onions.

Apothecary Fox said...

I am not exactly in this group, being single, BUT when I had a night off from work (rare) and the flat to myself (even more rare) I always got jazzed about a perfect meal. For me, either a great quality rib eye steak, M/R (got to render the fat some) and spinach or my all time fave shrimp and broccoli pasta in a garlic white wine sauce with thin spag. Drooling just thinking about it now...enjoy the steak

michael said...

The meal itself varies for me, but I *always* use the newspaper placemat when on hall pass; usually on the coffee table in front of the TV.