Thursday, August 26

bachelor buttons

I know suspender buttons are euphamistically called bachelor buttons (why? not sure) but thought snap shirt buttons were called that too? Lazy snaps rather than button holes and sewing buttons -that would make sense as bachelor buttons. Or is it only the 2-piece put-together suspender add-on buttons that are called bachelors?

This Rockmount is more purple than expected; thought it might be shading red. That's the joy of ebay I guess... Saddle stitching is unexpected win though and subtler in real life than my pics make out. I have another that is way darker -definite aubergine terrritory.

Rockmount are famous for their diamond shaped snaps but not a fan of those myself. Also the Dan River Fabric part? Not much info out there, but label dates this shirt from the 1950's? Can that be right... Or a 1999 reissue. Western Shirts (co-written by Steve Weil of Rockmount) has all kinds of dating info for HBarC, Rockmount, Levis etc.

Dolt, me. Dan River is not a who, but a what -Dan River Mills in Danville, VA which was idled in 2006.