Tuesday, February 23

bookmark -denim debate

Ryan Pletty and Joe Gannon have quarterbacked a project called Denim Debate to test a bunch of selvage jeans from various manufacturers. I was lucky enough to get the nod, and am currently enjoying a pair from NYC'S Jean Shop. The site will be updated with notes, photos, factory tours etc. My first thoughts here.

"The debate is targeted at everyone from the denim snob, to the person who doesn’t understand why we delay washing our jeans." -via DenimDebate

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Saw the first post about denim debate on you_have_broken_the_internet. Was glad to see one of the pairs got sent to you. Definitely excited to see the results.

unitedstyle said...

Nice review posts. I'm right there with you with wearing mostly 501s. I have wondered about Jean Shop products, but the ones I saw were way beyond my budget (my kid likes to eat, 3 times a day!). It will be interesting to see how these turn out.

Lesli Larson said...

Where are the female participants in this denim debate!?

james at 10engines said...

@lesli i believe there are some ladies scheduled as well. anyone w questions should comment over at DD http://denimdebate.com/?p=44#comments